Friday, April 19, 2013

artescape

Like everything in life; there are postives and negatives to all artists' studio situations. When I first moved to Brevard County I had a small studio in my home. It was a big corner really... and it didn't take long before I outgrew it and knew I needed a bigger space.
I currently have a large studio space; Artescape Studio,  where I have gathered all kinds of supplies and inspirations over the years. I am messy! I love that if I drip paint on the floor... it's okay.
Having a home studio meant I could work throughout the day and evening; in between my daily tasks of raising a family. Working away from home means organizing myself to have ample studio time...  making sure I get there regularly.
There's nothing like walking through the doorway and getting out the paint and paper and glue... turning off the world and escaping through the creative process.
I am loving the challenges of the new techniques I am "playing" with; balancing design, texture and pattern. I have so many new ideas for these mixed media pieces... exploring many of my past "subjects" in a very different way. Sea turtles and lush tropical landscapes and koi ponds...it's difficult to stay focused :)
 
Artists should always challenge themselves. We should never be afraid to make new discoveries.

Mystery of Birds 18"x24"

new work in progress 8"x10"

3 comments:

shannon said...

Renee, I love the direction you are heading. Happy navigation.
K Shannon

quilter dij said...

I totally agree with you about the studio time. I don't give myself enough of that, but I'm doing better. I'm also exploring different techniques and I absolutely want to "try it all." I really like the new pieces you're working on. It's always good to explore new directions. Have fun!

Hosting Sale said...




videomakerfx review